Shortcut for Close File?

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Vibeke B
Propeller Head

Shortcut for Close File?

Post by Vibeke B »

Hi guys,

I am doing some search and replace and end up with a lot of open files. There is an option for saving multiple files. But is there seriously no shortcut for closing a file or even multiple files? Do I really have to click on every single file to close it? Sounds unlikely...

Looking forward to your help!

Thanks!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Shortcut for Close File?

Post by NorthEast »

Flare's the same as almost every other Windows application - Ctrl+F4 closes the current file/document.

You can also right-click the document tab, and Close All Documents Except This One.
Vibeke B
Propeller Head

Post by Vibeke B »

Thanks for your help. I was not aware of the right-click on the document tab. Thanks!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

How about creating some custom shortcuts for Close All Windows and Close All Windows Except This One? My custom shortcuts for those commands are Ctrl+Alt+F12 and Ctrl+Shift+F12, respectively. (Maybe I should rethink them and see if I can use F4...)

Instructions for creating custom shortcuts are at https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... t-Keys.htm.

EDIT: Yep. I was able to change my custom keyboard shortcuts to use F4 instead of F12 so all the Close command shortcuts use the same function key.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!