LEOP, List of Effective Pages and Revision History

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
J_Middleton
Propeller Head

LEOP, List of Effective Pages and Revision History

Post by J_Middleton »

The Air Transport Association (ATA) has a requirement for LEOP (list of effective pages) and a Revision History. This also warrants revision bars on the margins of pages.
Refer to the ATA iSpec 2200: Information Standards for Aviation Maintenance manual for more information about document requirements.
I keep pages as separate topics, then edit them in a Flare Project as I edit a redline of a previous pdf document.
The comments in the redline help me identify pages that have been or must be edited.
I have not had to sustain a numeric page assignment as in historic paper documents, like the The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). That might be done with Flare, but page numbers may need to be managed per page. That may be managed using the Page Layout Editor, with attention to the header and footer content.
For z-fold tabloid pages, such as an exploded view of a configuration, a revision bar or bars could be put in the Page Layout Editor. See the properties for a particular topic in the TOC Editor to apply a particular Page Layout file to the topic.
The revision bars in the margins of pages may be addressed with div style with a right or left border (set to a Medium) in the Stylesheet Editor of a Flare project. Apply the div style to the text in the Text Editor. This may require creative use of paragraphing and breaks (br /) in the text.

Play with the track changes feature in Flare. There are options there that may help with the document revision bar requirement of some organizations.