How to log changes

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Giorgiod93
Jr. Propeller Head

How to log changes

Post by Giorgiod93 »

Hi everyone! I have a little problem here.

I work for a big client who is asking (among the rest) to produce a log file containing the names of the files I changed while working on their Flare projects.
Now, small projects aren't a real issue, I can keep track of the work I do, but when it comes to bigger ones (and I am talking 3,000 PDF pages built using Deltas made of who-knows-how-many HTM files) it becomes an impossible task.

Do you know of any internal function of MCF or any external software/plugin that can help me doing this? Even something that works outside the flprj, as something that records every time I apply and save a change to each individual HTM file, but only operates within Windows folders (I don't know if I made myself very clear here, sorry English is not my native language).

Thank you for any help you will be giving me!
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: How to log changes

Post by Psider »

Perhaps the File List sorted by Date Modified could get you there? I noticed there's an export feature, which might help as well.

https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... w-Pane.htm
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: How to log changes

Post by doloremipsum »

@Georgiod93 If you use any source control (e.g. Git), it will record every save you make in the commit log. Then you should be able to export the file history to show any changes, and your comments on them.

If you don't use source control, it might be too difficult to set up just for this purpose (although there are other benefits, especially making sure your work is backed up!)
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.