Adding image hover border while using Image Mapping

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
rojarani
Propeller Head

Adding image hover border while using Image Mapping

Post by rojarani »

Hi Experts,

I have created an image map and linked it to the concerned topics, but then what I am after is, as I hover on the part of an image that is linked, I want a hotspot. For example, as in the image below, I want a border to appear when I hover over it. Is it possible to get it by means of adding some code to the style?

I googled for the same and got steps for "Hover Swap" and "Hover Halo" as mentioned in this article - https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/why ... -with-css/, but then it is for an individual image and does not fit in the image map scenario.

Can you please help me how can I achieve it? I am sure there must be a way, just that am not able to find it.

Cheers

Rani
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaveMags
Propeller Head

Re: Adding image hover border while using Image Mapping

Post by DaveMags »

I don't think you can do this on an image map. You can't add CSS to style image map areas. Looking online, there seems to be a possible Javascript solution if you want to go that route.

Not sure how important the image map is to your site, but you might be able to recreate whatever it's doing without it, building with divs or individual images that you can style.