Replicate custom RH See Also controls?

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
nhhale
Propeller Head

Replicate custom RH See Also controls?

Post by nhhale »

In one of my RH X3 projects, I included several DesignerControl objects in individual topics; the controls appeared as buttons linking to specific See Also keywords, providing easy links to key related information, as shown in the attached picture:
spsomex.png
When I imported this project to Flare 3.1, all of these DesignerControls were converted to See Also links that look identical. I've looked through the Flare Help and through these forums, but I haven't found anything that suggests there is a way I can replicate what I had in the RH X3 project (which is no longer compiling correctly, though it did for years). Anyone have any ideas about how I could duplicate what I had or create something similar in Flare?
TIA,
Nancy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nancy Hutson Hale
Director, Education Services
SalesPage Technologies
http://www.salespage.com
Certified MAD for Flare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Replicate custom RH See Also controls?

Post by LTinker68 »

You might be able to do something comparable. In the stylesheet, if you click on conceptLink and expand its Unclassified group, then you'll see properties called mc-label, mc-image, mc-image-position, and mc-image-spacing. It seems like I tried awhile ago to replace mc-image with a custom image and tried to clear out the mc-label property and it wouldn't let me and I submitted it as a bug, but I can't remember what version I reported that in, or if it's still the case.

So you'll have to do some trial-and-error. If Flare doesn't let you clear out the label, then you'll probably want to create sub-classes of the conceptLink and specify different text for the label property for each class. Then create a custom button-ish image for the background and specify it as the image for each class.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
nhhale
Propeller Head

Re: Replicate custom RH See Also controls?

Post by nhhale »

Thanks, Lisa. Your suggestion worked perfectly.