Madcap Software Stylesheet

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Madcap Software Stylesheet

Post by Richard Ferrell »

We've had a lot or requestes for the the Stylesheet that our Techwriter uses for our Products ,there is a link in the Flare v4 Help manual for it, in the About Stylesheets page, But here is a direct link for it.

http://www.madcapsoftware.com/support/f ... styles.css
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: Madcap Software Stylesheet

Post by forfear »

WHoever wrote and developed the madcap help system must be a single-sourcing, flare 4 information architect guru to all of us :) :D
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
Marc
Propeller Head

Post by Marc »

I've wanted to view my CSS in a text reader with the styles in alphabetical order, but I can't think of a way to get them in alphabetical order (except by manually moving things around or other ways that are even more time-consuming). Am I missing anything? Is there an easy way to do this?
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

I don't think you want to move the order around since the styles are applied in the order they are listed. You can sort the Simplified View of the stylesheet by clicking any of the column headers.
RiverMonster
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by RiverMonster »

Marc wrote:I've wanted to view my CSS in a text reader with the styles in alphabetical order, but I can't think of a way to get them in alphabetical order (except by manually moving things around or other ways that are even more time-consuming). Am I missing anything? Is there an easy way to do this?
There is an online tool that will do this with some minor limitations.

http://floele.flyspray.org/csstidy//css_optimiser.php
Sorting CSS Styles.png
Copy/paste your CSS text into the window. Disable all compression options as shown.

Restrictions:
i. The tool will not handle comments while sorting selectors so if you have a lot of comments throughout your CSS don't use it. (If you just have comments at the start you can easily ignore these when copying into the tool and paste back preserving them.)
ii. The copied text can only be from one media section. If you have a print media section then you should copy/paste the text from the default section and then repeat for the text from the print section.

Worked fine when I tried it, but I suggest you back up your CSS beforehand.

Adrian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.