Snippets and bookmarks

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Gary Niemen
Sr. Propeller Head

Snippets and bookmarks

Post by Gary Niemen »

For our various application windows, we have a fields page and on that page we describe all fields using H3s with accompanying text - where each H3 and text is set up as a drop-down. We then use snippets for fields that are used in several places. The snippet will then include the field heading and text and is set up as a drop-down. The question is what happens if we need to bookmark a heading that is set up as a snippet? I guess the bookmark must also be a part of the snippet. But, will this work - then we will get bookmarks with the same name in many files - perhaps this is okay? Any ideas? Am I doing this right?
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Snippets and bookmarks

Post by KevinDAmery »

I wouldn't put the bookmark inside the snippet, for precisely the reason you mention. What I would do instead is put the bookmark just before or just after the snippet, so that each instance is unique.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
Gary Niemen
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Gary Niemen »

I guess the bookmark would have to be on the line before then (or after) - because it seems it is not possible to insert a bookmark directly in front of the snippet - which is what I would want. Would you agree?
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Appears that way, at least if it's a block-style snippet rather than an inline snippet. Or it could go on its own line--as long as there is no content between the anchor tags it shouldn't affect the vertical spacing of blocks.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare