Two instances of Flare - one is the master

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
helen
Sr. Propeller Head

Two instances of Flare - one is the master

Post by helen »

Morning

Just a word of caution. If I have two instances of Flare open with one showing my master project and one showing a project that is linking to the master project, I get some very strange behaviour when I run a link report. The report will claim that it can't find any of your styles if they come from the master project. I assume this is because Flare has the master project open for editing and thus has a lock on the files, however it was slightly disconcerting until I realised what was going on! Flare 4.1 + XP, has anyone else experienced this?

I'll add my name to the feature request for opening a linked file within the same instance of Flare!
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Two instances of Flare - one is the master

Post by doc_guy »

Be sure you add your name to the feature request by actually submitting it at this link:

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx

Feature requests submitted in the forums don't get the same attention that 'real' feature requests do.

As for this issue, I have other problems (i haven't tried running link reports with Master Projects). Master projects are a fantastic idea. But they are quite cumbersome to use at this point. Let's hope that future versions of Flare address this shortcoming so that they become more user friendly.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

helen
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Two instances of Flare - one is the master

Post by helen »

Already done. :wink:

I just wanted to flag up the Report problem here as well in case anyone else came across it. :)