Output file size (CHM)

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Output file size (CHM)

Post by NorthEast »

MC Hammer wrote:
Madcap Guru wrote:If you have Analyzer you can run a report on unused files, that can tell you also what you are not using.
You mean Analyzer as the standalone product, not the "analyzer-lite" functionality available from within Flare?
You can actually run that report in Flare, you don't need Analyzer. There are 'unused' reports for all sorts of things - content files, images, styles, CSH IDs, etc.

(If you had Analyzer, you could work with the unused items in a similar way to the Project Analysis pane in Flare, rather than having to run a report to find them).
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Post by forfear »

i hope props files are excluded from output, otherwise you'd have a redundant source that blows up the file sizes exponentially - for every image there is an identical .props raw date file which the user will never need to see.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
Andrew
Propellus Maximus

Post by Andrew »

They are not included with my WebHelp target using Flare 4.2.1. They used to be a while back, but I'm not sure when that changed.
Flare v6.1 | Capture 4.0.0