Javascript Call for Open Book in TOC CSH

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
awargo
Propeller Head

Javascript Call for Open Book in TOC CSH

Post by awargo »

I am looking for a way that when I open an alias identifier with the Javascript in Default.js to make it show the TOC book as open for a second level. The first level heading books open correctly but when the page that opens with CSH is a book within a book it remains closed and doesn't show the other topics. Is there some parameter that I am missing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Javascript Call for Open Book in TOC CSH

Post by LTinker68 »

Is the CSH calling to a topic within the second-level book, or to the same topic that's associated with the book?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
awargo
Propeller Head

Post by awargo »

The topic is a second level book and that is what the CHS is calling to and what the book is associating with.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I think it's because you're pointing to a topic that's associated with a book. If the topic were beneath that book, then it would work. That's basically why the first-level book expanded -- because you jumped to a topic beneath that book, not to the book itself.

Same type of thing happens when you're in the WebHelp output itself (and you have the sync option enabled) -- if you click on a link in a topic that's pointing to another topic that's associated with a book, the book will highlight to indicate it was selected and its topic will appear, but the book itself won't expand.

The only way I can think of to get what you want is to not associate the topic with the book but to have it a separate topic beneath the book. It may work if you have both, though -- if you have the book associated to the topic and that topic is also listed first under the book. It might work then, but you'd have to try it.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.