Navigation Aids With Multiple Sets Of Expanding Text

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
pcalnan
Propeller Head

Navigation Aids With Multiple Sets Of Expanding Text

Post by pcalnan »

We use expanding text in a number of places and have even used it several times within one help topic as a way of "saving space".

A request has come in from our UI designers for help topics that have multiple "sets" of expanding text. Namely, can we "...add an “Expand All” and a “Collapse All” link in the docs so that user does not have to expand one by one?"

Anybody heard of such a thing? I've searched through the Forums with no luck but would appreciate if anyone has any pointers.

Or is this something I should make as a feature request to Madcap? :D
Patrick Calnan
Shopify
http://www.shopify.com
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Navigation Aids With Multiple Sets Of Expanding Text

Post by LTinker68 »

There are a couple of icons that you can add to the toolbar for expanding and collapsing that I believe will do what you want. I'm pretty sure those work with drop-down and expanding text -- don't know if they work with togglers. Those tools confuse some people because they think those icons will expand/collapse the TOC, when it's really the effects in the topic that they relate to. So if you add them to the toolbar then you might want to position them to the far right of the icons in the toolbar to hopefully avoid some of the confusion.

Another option would be to switch to using togglers. With togglers you control what items open/close, so you can add a "View all text" toggler (or however you want to label it) and set it up to hide/show all of the togglers on the page.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.