Dynamic List Based on Relationship Table

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
DurtyMat
Sr. Propeller Head

Dynamic List Based on Relationship Table

Post by DurtyMat »

I want to create 3 different lists on my help system home page that uses the relationship table columns (reference, task, concept) to create the list. The goal is when the user access the help system from the main menu (not using the F1 csh link) a "main page" will be displayed that contains three different lists that will randomly generate # of links based on a defined relationship table file (these seemed like an "easy" alternative to a database of files with identifiers where certain number ranges were reserved for the different topic types).

any thoughts / suggestions / zomginoveryourhead comments are welcome. :D
Flare: I bought it ... so that means I can break it, right?
DurtyMat
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Dynamic List Based on Relationship Table

Post by DurtyMat »

Disheartening news, called MadCap support and asked if they knew of anyway to try and implement this. The tech "thought the idea was really cool", but he didn't know of any existing Flare functionality that could make this work and a dev would be needed to try and get it implemented.

Put in an enchanment request, so we will see what happens. If anyone has any ideas on how I might be able to implement this functionality in my help system that would be pretty sweet. Keep in mind I work on a team of writers and we have a decent amount of projects, so the more automated the process, the better.

thanks.
Flare: I bought it ... so that means I can break it, right?