Integrating API doc in Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
mwright123
Propeller Head

Integrating API doc in Flare

Post by mwright123 »

Hello,

I've been researching how Flare might be used to include and augment generated API documentation, and I came across this:

http://www.madworldconference.com/sched ... Essaoulov/

<snip>
Integrating API Reference Documentation with MadCap Flare

Track 3 Advanced • MadCap Flare • API • jQuery

This presentation is a case study of kCura API documentation team’s experience over several years integrating Sandcastle-generated .Net API reference HTML pages into a developers’ documentation site authored in MadCap Flare. The first part of the presentation examines how we initially made it work with the tripane skin by importing CHM files into Flare. We then demonstrate how our process evolved over time, and the tools and automation techniques, such as Jenkins builds and PowerShell scripts, we used to improve it. In the second part we examine the challenges that we faced transitioning our API documentation to the top navigation skin in Flare 11. We present in detail the technical recipe, including a custom master page and jQuery scripts we used to integrate Sandcastle-generated .Net API reference into the new documentation site.
</snip>

In my searching on this forum and on the web, I haven't found too much information on how to create API documentation in Flare using a partially automated method.

Does anyone know if Mr. Essaoulov's presentation is publically available? Or if there is other information out there to help one get started?

Many thanks,
Mary
Vanessas
Propeller Head

Re: Integrating API doc in Flare

Post by Vanessas »

I'd love to find out more about this too Mary. I hope someone replies. I have googled his name but haven't found a presentation anywhere yet. Perhaps we could contact him on LinkedIn?
B2W
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by B2W »

Hello,

Any luck finding more information on this?
mwright123
Propeller Head

Post by mwright123 »

Unfortunately, no luck so far.

Cheers,
Mary
McDime
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by McDime »

Thanks for raising this question. I am interested in this is well. Please post an update if you learn more.