publishing to Production not updating/publishing

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jaredgreen139
Propeller Head

publishing to Production not updating/publishing

Post by jaredgreen139 »

Capture.PNG
I have my Development project with tons of documents and items and ready for it to go to production. I go to publishing and select destination and then publish primary however it it not working. It does not have all the items i have updated/added. I have tried it a couple of times and also tried publishing to both at the same time or one or the other and it will not out put the newest set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KreepLX
Propeller Head

Re: publishing to Production not updating/publishing

Post by KreepLX »

I've seen it before. A SME said updates I applied were not present after I published it. I saw no errors in the log indicating the publish failed. When I verified this, I could see the updated content on my workstation's browser. Long story short, It ended up being the cache on my SMEs browser not recognizing the content had changed.

If you are not getting errors in your build log indicating a publish failure, I would try another browser or clear the browser cache to make sure that is not the issue.
jaredgreen139
Propeller Head

Post by jaredgreen139 »

i had already thought about that and i have already cleared it and tried other browsers.
KreepLX
Propeller Head

Post by KreepLX »

Please post your build log so I can see what's going on. I find it odd that you aren't getting publishing saying it failed because of XXX reason.

Alternatively, you can build the target, go into your output folder, and use Windows explorer to move it to your server.
jaredgreen139
Propeller Head

Post by jaredgreen139 »

I am willing to bet the cache/browser in combination with impatience on my part was part of the issue. Went in and review and attempted again today and seems to be updated. Also noticed that they link being used was a shortcut being pushed down by group policy. The shortcut being pushed down reflected DEV not Production, so updated that as well.