Salesforce Integration

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jonathanlolley
Propeller Head

Salesforce Integration

Post by jonathanlolley »

My organization is looking to use the Salesforce integration to publish from MadCap Flare to Salesforce Knowledge. Could anyone share any best practices or lessons learned that they have come across in their implementation? What limitations have you found?

I am aware that the integration is a one-way integration from MadCap to SF and that MadCap styles are not supported.

Thank you so much for your shared knowledge.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Salesforce Integration

Post by Psider »

I have a similar question.

I'd also like to know what setup I need to get my IT guys to do before I install the trial version. For example, what do they need to do to set up a test environment to publish to? Is there anything tricky I need to do to set this up in Flare or is it as simple as pointing my target at the right network share/web address/thingy?

Actually, stepping back:

*Can* I trial the Salesforce integration?
jonathanlolley
Propeller Head

Post by jonathanlolley »

@Psider, you can trial the integration. You need an environment with at least one article type created that has a rich text field. The other limitation that I observed is that you can only publish 10 articles to Salesforce Knowledge. If you publish 10 additional articles, they will overwrite the previously published articles.
https://www.madcapsoftware.com/products ... ct-plugin/
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

Awesome, thanks! I look forward to other people posting their experiences too. :)
agracer
Propeller Head

Post by agracer »

I'm looking into this functionality now running some trial tests.

This last post was a few months ago. Has anyone here used the Salesforce integration with some success?

I am an absolute Salesforce newbie, so I am finding it a bit challenging to get things looking and behaving just right.

Thanks!
Colum
Propeller Head

Post by Colum »

This thread states that only 10 articles can be published to Salesforce. To me this seems to negate this functionality. It’s a very small limit and would seem to discount most use cases. Is this limit still the case?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

I think the 10 files is just a limitation of the trial license. Or at least, that's how I read it.