Jump from tab to tab

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
bangmaster
Propeller Head

Jump from tab to tab

Post by bangmaster »

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I recently introduced a script that enables me to add tabs to a topic. They look and work beautifully with one exception. I don't know how to jump between them via hyperlink. For example, let's say I have two tabs - tab A and tab B, and I would like to click a link in tab B and have it open in tab A. Additionally, I'd like to be able to jump from one topic into a specific tab in a different topic.

I know that was a jumble of words, but basically, I'd like to jump between tabs. If anyone has done anything like this, please let me know.

P.S. In no way does this have anything to do with the top nav layout. Thx.

PSS: I learned the tabs from https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_tabs.asp.
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Jump from tab to tab

Post by BedfordWriter »

You would do that with a button that has an onclick event, same as for the tabs themselves. You're working with javascript to change what's displayed, rather than html to jump to another page or target within a page.

'though, I suppose you could use html to reload the page and have an onload event that processed something or other that you pass along with the address... Nah. Stick with the javascript. Everything that you need is in that tutorial page.