Trying to keep a few files from appearing in final output

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
JoeWeinmunson
Propeller Head

Trying to keep a few files from appearing in final output

Post by JoeWeinmunson »

My primary target for a Flare project is a CHM file that gets integrated with our software. The issue I've found is that I have a few topics in the Content folder that I actually don't want showing up in the final output. There are a few files on topics that are mostly deprecated, but still contain some useful information for our team to refer to. We also have a file that we use for notes on what still needs to be updated. Since I hadn't added any of those to the Table of Contents I figured they wouldn't show up in the build, but it turns out that's not the case. Is there a way I can keep these few files from being included when I build the target?
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Trying to keep a few files from appearing in final outpu

Post by devjoe »

Multiple ways, depending on just what you want to do:
  • Create a conditional tag, apply it to the topics themselves in the content explorer, and configure your target to exclude content with this tag.
  • Move the files out of the Content folder. You can create other folders inside your project, alongside the Content and Project folders, to store files related to but not part of the project.
  • Enable the option on the Advanced tab of the target Exclude content not linked directly or indirectly from the target. This is close to your way of thinking about the table of contents controlling what goes in, but the TOC is not the only way of linking stuff into projects, and sometimes this makes it harder to diagnose issues about what is actually getting included. The other methods let you control explicitly what is in the project.