Build Failed: Value cannot be null

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
LoriJBrown
Jr. Propeller Head

Build Failed: Value cannot be null

Post by LoriJBrown »

Greetings,

Getting an error message Build failed: Value cannot be null. It occurs on a project that previously built fine. Am seeing the error for both HTML and PDF outputs. It is error message 10086. None of the workarounds seen in the other postings (delete Analyzer and Output files, for example) work.

Thanks,
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Build Failed: Value cannot be null

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums, Lori! :)

I had this happen just yesterday and it's a totally uninformative message! It turned out it was because (1) I was working disconnected from source control and (2) we had the targets set to automatically get updates from source control before building. Because I was working disconnected, Flare could not continue with the build as it couldn't get past that gate. Once I cleared that option, I could build without issue.

This might not be your situation, but I thought I'd toss it out there.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
LoriJBrown
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by LoriJBrown »

Thank you Nita! :) Your response helped to correct the issue!
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Post by BrianAtInTouchHealth »

Nita Beck wrote: It turned out it was because (1) I was working disconnected from source control and (2) we had the targets set to automatically get updates from source control before building. Because I was working disconnected, Flare could not continue with the build as it couldn't get past that gate. Once I cleared that option, I could build without issue.
Thanks Nita! That solved it for me too. Once I read your post it reminded me that my target has multiple destinations, including SharePoint, which automatically logs me out every other week.

Brian
Flare :flare: + Analyzer :analyzer: 2022, Central, Capture :capture: 7.0, Mimic :mimic: 8.1