Hosting HTML outputs in Salesforce

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
wbarichak
Jr. Propeller Head

Hosting HTML outputs in Salesforce

Post by wbarichak »

Our organization is currently using a Salesforce Knowledge community to host KB articles. Within the Knowledge community, we also have some custom pages where we link to our HTML user guides. Our HTML user guides are hosted in Google Cloud and displayed in Knowledge through an iframe. It works, but the experience is a bit lacking in that we can't link to specific pages within an HTML output as it's displayed in an iframe. And, we want to keep users in the Knowledge community rather than send them out to view the docs in Google Cloud.

Does anyone have any experience with hosting Flare HTML outputs directly within Salesforce using a method other than iframes? I'm pretty new to Salesforce, so I'm really just looking for a direction to focus my research on.
Smriti
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Hosting HTML outputs in Salesforce

Post by Smriti »

Hi There,

We have a similar setup in our org. The only difference is that we generate HTML5 output and then publish using Mad Central. The HTML5 output (URL) is hosted in an iFrame within a Page/Tab called Documentation. The other 2 tabs house Knowledge- Articles and Trial Orgs.
With this approach our users have to log-in and access our documentation and its all within Salesforce (Knowledge Community).

What has been a disadvantage for you? So far, I have found it to be easy to use, and it is quite fast.

Hope this helps
wbarichak
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Hosting HTML outputs in Salesforce

Post by wbarichak »

Smriti wrote: What has been a disadvantage for you? So far, I have found it to be easy to use, and it is quite fast.
The main issue is that we don't have any ability to link directly to a topic within one of our HTML docs, since it's being displayed in an iframe. Not the greatest user experience IMO to send someone to the top level of the document rather than the specific page you want them to see. This is really the main thing I'd like to figure out a workaround for, but I'm kind of at a loss at where to look. Perhaps we can package our docs as a custom application somehow? Still have a lot of learning to do about Salesforce!