PDF Output has affected my HTML5 output [FIXED]

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

PDF Output has affected my HTML5 output [FIXED]

Post by M33R4 »

My project HTML5 output was behaving well - images were displaying as thumbnails, my DIVs were aligning stuff correctly, my formatting was on point.
Then I added a PDF target, adjusted the Medium PDF in my stylesheet and now my HTML5 is not displaying as before. :cry:
Last edited by M33R4 on Tue May 25, 2021 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie to MadCap Flare
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: PDF Output has affected my HTML5 output

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Did you make any changes at all to the default medium in your stylesheet? It's really easy to do by mistake when using the stylesheet editor, so I suggest you do a comparison between the stylesheet when it was working nicely and the stylesheet now when it isn't. Other than that, I can't think why there would be a problem now.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by M33R4 »

ChoccieMuffin wrote:Did you make any changes at all to the default medium in your stylesheet? It's really easy to do by mistake when using the stylesheet editor, so I suggest you do a comparison between the stylesheet when it was working nicely and the stylesheet now when it isn't. Other than that, I can't think why there would be a problem now.
I only made changes to the Medium:Print side of the stylesheet.
What else, apart from Stylesheet, do you think could be responsible for the issues?
Newbie to MadCap Flare
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

If you made the changes "by hand" in the internal text editor or some other text editor, rather than in Flare's Stylesheet Editor, you may have introduced a syntactical error. Try to open the stylesheet in the Stylesheet Editor. If there is invalid syntax, Flare will alert you, even telling you (generally) where the fault lies.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by M33R4 »

Thanks everyone for your much-appreciated help. In this case, it was human error - somehow I managed to assign the wrong stylesheet to my HTML5 output. :oops:
Newbie to MadCap Flare