Background image in page layout

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Nick-Metcalfe
Propeller Head

Background image in page layout

Post by Nick-Metcalfe »

Afternoon,

I have a background image on a page layout, i would like to move the background image a bit lower on the page but cannot see how this can be done.

Also i would like to manipulate the image to be across the whole page but can't seem to find the setting to resize the image either.
Cheers
Nick
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Background image in page layout

Post by robdocsmith »

Hi,

I think as far as background images go, you are stuck with the default settings in the Page Properties dialog (https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... ttings.htm). To repeat or not, and position (left, right, center) etc. These are pretty limited and changing the X/Y position to a mm value in the page layout file itself doesn't work.

So I think you've two options...
1. In an image editor, change the background image itself so it is the same physical size as your page. Set it with a transparent background and place your image element wherever you want on the page. Then place it as a background image centered on the page.
2. Use a decoration frame instead - either add content to the decoration frame using F2, or right click the frame and select a background image for that frame. You'll then be able to position the frame (and also image) wherever you want in the page layout.

Hope that helps,
Rob
Nick-Metcalfe
Propeller Head

Re: Background image in page layout

Post by Nick-Metcalfe »

robdocsmith wrote:2. Use a decoration frame instead - either add content to the decoration frame using F2, or right click the frame and select a background image for that frame. You'll then be able to position the frame (and also image) wherever you want in the page layout.
perfect this worked for me thank you
Cheers
Nick