Copy&Paste in seperate editor

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
olle
Propeller Head

Copy&Paste in seperate editor

Post by olle »

I have a problem with copy & paste. When I paste the selected part to an editor, only parts of it gets pasted. The parameter names (these are snippets) and the image (when the image name would be pasted, would be great) are missing. Is there any solution, that these can be copied/Pasted, too?

Selected stuf pasted in a seperate editor:

ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Copy&Paste in seperate editor

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

It's doing exactly what you asked it - if you look at the code behind an extract that contains an image or snippet, it'll just contain a link to the image or snippet, not the content of it.

It depends on how often you need to do this or how big your chunks of work are. If you generate a Word target and copy from the Word doc that'd give you the snippet contents and the graphics but that might be overkill, only you will know if that's too much to deal with.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

If you want a quick and dirty grab of the content (snippets excluded), you could just drag the .htm content file into a browser. You'll be able to copy/paste the images from there, but snippets won't be recognised and displayed in your browser.

If you've previously generated a target from the files, you can see the pre-built output in the Project/Output/Username/Temporary/Target/ folder. If you drag one of these FilenameRefNumber.htm files into a browser you can see all the content of the page and copy/paste from that. Might save having to do a Word build specifically if all you want is the text/images/variables/snippets for a particular target.

Cheers,

Rob
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by doloremipsum »

I think the easiest way to do that would be to use the topic preview window, which should resolve all of the variables and snippets for just that topic (quicker than building output).
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
olle
Propeller Head

Post by olle »

doloremipsum wrote:I think the easiest way to do that would be to use the topic preview window, which should resolve all of the variables and snippets for just that topic (quicker than building output).
I think, this is the easiest solution.
Thanks, guys!

Cheers
oli