Flare to Wordpress Integration/Export

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
EricS
Propeller Head

Flare to Wordpress Integration/Export

Post by EricS »

Hello,

I've spent some time looking for posts/resources on importing Flare topics/help into a WordPress environment.

The few posts/articles I've found are from 2009/2014 etc. and they discuss working with WebHelp (which is being deprecated by MadCap).

Is there anyone out there who has any current experience in working in this type of environment?

Am working with a team on a SAAS piece who already use WordPress as a CMS/Documentation portal type which they would like to continue.

Is it possible to export HTML5 from Flare into WordPress and still maintain the ability to update the files easily as well as being able to use CSH within the WordPress ecosystem?

Can/Does Flare "play nice" with WordPress? :)
Eric S.
Joseph Zitt
Propeller Head

Re: Flare to Wordpress Integration/Export

Post by Joseph Zitt »

Is anyone else dealing with this? Our management is thinking of dumping Flare because of its inability to integrate with WordPress, on which the rest of our web presence depends. Are there any solutions?
djrussell
Propeller Head

Post by djrussell »

I would also be interested in hearing if anyone else is dealing with having to move from Flare to WordPress. I've just learned that my company plans to use WordPress for their main company site and that it will be cloud hosted by WP Engine. I'll no longer be able to host Flare's online help when all of this happens I suspect.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Tom Johnson of I'd Rather Be Writing fame blogged about and demoed something back in 2013. Not sure if it'll offer any hints for how integrating Flare-generated HTML with Wordpress might happen in 2021. Tom's solution might have predated Flare's "clean XHTML" output, so his process might actually be more streamlined today.

Just pointing out something of interest...

https://idratherbewriting.com/2013/01/2 ... wordpress/
https://idratherbewriting.com/2013/01/2 ... wordpress/
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!