Formatting the indentation of the Text View in Flare 12?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.

Formatting the indentation of the Text View in Flare 12?

Postby sanjsrik on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:49 pm

I'm trying to not look at unaligned blocks of text that seem to randomly cut off in the middle of sentences and the tag is where it's supposed to be, but the text is just messy. Nothing lines up with the matching opening tag, nothing looks correct. It's just very frustrating to find something in the Text View if it's just all unaligned.

Does anyone know how to use a better way to align the Text View in Flare 12?

thanks in advance.
sanjsrik
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Formatting the indentation of the Text View in Flare 12?

Postby andy_smith on Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:11 am

Looks like you never got a reply to this. I've just googled this problem and found your post.

I have some files that align and indent the tags so that the closing tag is at the right level and enclosed tags are cascaded within them. I have other files where the code is one long block of text. I can add the breaks manually but as soon as I go to XML view and then back to text view the text is one large block again. It's almost as though there's a switch that can be selected that is specific to the document.
andy_smith
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Formatting the indentation of the Text View in Flare 12?

Postby robdocsmith on Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:56 pm

There isn't really a way. The Text Editor view will automatically adjust the xml whenever you refresh the page view (open the file or switch between xml/text). When I want to do more serious text work with source files (or really need to understand a complicated page) I use an external text editor with a better "Prettify" option and better tag highlighting. However, any indentation will be lost when the file is opened in Flare. You can always open a file directly in an external editor by right clicking the file in Content Explorer and choosing Open With.

Flare particularly struggles with things like tables or other structures within list elements. It will display the tags inline rather than indented.

Rob
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Return to Flare's General Discussion