Tables With Snippets Don't Display at 100% in XML Editor

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Mishou6779
Propeller Head

Tables With Snippets Don't Display at 100% in XML Editor

Post by Mishou6779 »

Hi all,

I have a two-column table stylesheet in my Flare project. Column 1 is labeled Field and column 2 is labeled Description.

Tables in my project are always set to 100% width. This has always functioned as expected in the XML editor and in output.

Today, however, I noticed that the table in my help topic titled "Security Settings for the Contracts Module" does not automatically size to 100% in the XML editor. This is frustrating because the table has 81 rows and I'm constantly having to scroll down, right, left, right, etc. It's time-consuming and irritating.

And, it does not happen on other tables using the same table stylesheet and same 100% width setting.

I've checked everything I know to check and everything looks correct as far as table settings.

The main difference between the table in my aforementioned help topic is that it contains mostly snippets.

I suspect the snippets (and a heavy dose of user error on my part) are the culprit.

Can anyone confirm?

And I'm open to suggestions as to how to fix this. I'm sick of scrolling up and down and zoomin' awll ovah.

Thank you!
Michelle

Editing to add that it is always the Description column that contains the snippets, and it is the cause of the excessive scrolling. This is why I am blaming the snippets.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Tables With Snippets Don't Display at 100% in XML Editor

Post by Psider »

Do your snippets contain images or other tables? I believe both will cause the problem you're seeing. I don't have a definite solution for you, but it's at least something to look in to.

Edit: This is because they typically won't resize to fit inside your containing table; they just keep their own size.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

It may also depend on how you've inserted the snippets - if SnippetBlock, they keep their own formatting. If SnippetText, they're inserted as text and don't keep their own formatting.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Mishou6779
Propeller Head

Post by Mishou6779 »

@ChoccieMuffin and @Psider, thank you both! I appreciate your help!

I just signed in to post a message to say that I had figured it out. :D

One of the snippets in the table contained a bulleted list of other snippets. (This was a very old snippet from a long time ago. I did all of my best Flare tricks back when it was new to me, about 11 years ago. LOL) Putting snippets into numbered or bulleted lists is nightmarish, so I don't know why I did that, because I wouldn't try to do that now that I know Flare much better.

After I took the snippets out of the bulleted list and reinserted the original snippet back into the table, it was all sorted out and worked like I expected it to.

Phew. I'm certainly glad we got that straightened out.

Thanks again for the replies--those other tips might come in handy again, you just never know!