Micro-content in filtered HTML5 search results

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
RiverMonster
Sr. Propeller Head

Micro-content in filtered HTML5 search results

Post by RiverMonster »

Should micro-content show up in the Search results regardless of the (concept) filter settings that have been applied for the search? That is what is happening.

E.g.
- My micro-content contains the word "test" and does not have any concepts applied to it.
- In the Search box of the output I enter "test", select a filter (e.g. "chicken") and click the search button
> Result: The Search results load with the micro-content is visible at the top, followed by any other hits

My expectation was that the micro-content would not appear because it does not have the filter concept "chicken" applied to it.

Is this a bug?

Thanks

Adrian
jenn85
Propeller Head

Re: Micro-content in filtered HTML5 search results

Post by jenn85 »

Bumping this for visibility, as I am having the same issue. Is this a bug, or a feature?
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Micro-content in filtered HTML5 search results

Post by Feebeegeebee »

Hi,
I know this dates from a year ago, but I have just encountered this precise issue.
I added in some new search filters to my Flare project. However, when I searched with one of the new filters selected, I got Micro content results that were not related to the new search filter, rather than just those from topics tagged with the specific concept.

I ended up raising a support ticket.
Madcap Support confirmed that it is a bug in Flare, created a Bug Report and submitted it to their Product Management team for review.
The Bug number is #173476.

Hope that stops anyone wasting time, wondering why this is happening.
Regards,
Feebeegeebee
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------