openApi reference documentation into Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
JGM
Jr. Propeller Head

openApi reference documentation into Flare

Post by JGM »

Hi
I am trying to build a knowledge base for reference API documentation and I want to import an openAPI file (generated from swagger) into Flare. As I understand I have 2 options. I could either import the file as Markdown or as HTML. And I do of course want to do this by using Flares reimport functions so that the API file is updated automatically in the project with not too much manual work.

• If I import as Markdown then the files comes into Flare just fine and I could probably style the information with CSS to get a nice look and feel. But I won’t get any dynamic functions on the page such as for example “tabs for different programming languages” which seems to be a common function in reference API documentation.

Or…

• I could import a swagger generated HTML which have some dynamic functions like “tabs for different programming languages” and is nicely styled with CSS. I do understand that these functions are created inside the HTML file using CSS and JavaScript and I guess that I then somehow need to separate the HTML, CSS and JavaScript to get it to work in Flare? I have tried to do this but have not been able to get it to work.
I also tried with Flares Iframe which works, but then I lose the ability to search in the Iframe.

I have googled a lot and I know there are a lot of software (API documentation generators) that create this type of HTML pages but I don’t think that my company would allow these third part solutions.
I just want to ask if anyone has any suggestions on solving this problem? I would appreciate any tips and tricks.
BR