Reporting options

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
gjtexdad5
Jr. Propeller Head

Reporting options

Post by gjtexdad5 »

Is there a way to get a report/spreadsheet of all the folders and topics that my team has created in Flare? If it exists I can seem to find that option in the Ribbon.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Reporting options

Post by Nita Beck »

Use the File List, filtered for .htm, .html. That'll yield a list of all topics in the project. By default,the File List will show the filename and path of the topics, among other things you may or may not be interested in. You can then export the file to a .csv file so that you can then work with it however you please.

For more information on the File List, see:
-- https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... w-Pane.htm
--https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... V-File.htm
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
gjtexdad5
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by gjtexdad5 »

Thank you that was very helpful.
gjtexdad5
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by gjtexdad5 »

Give them an inch and they take a mile. hehe
Now my boss is asking if there's a way to run a report that will show which Topics are use in which Targets? If it's not an out-of-the-box option can it be created?
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by doloremipsum »

Just had a little play around and learned something! In the TOC, you can change it from the more normal Tree View to Grid View (in the toolbar). Then you can export the TOC to CSV. I guess if you have an online output that might not exactly cover every topic used by that target (there might be linked files that are not in the TOC), but it would definitely work for a PDF output.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

You can try a 2-step process.

First, run an Export operation, exporting via the target of interest. That'll give you a new Flare project with just that target and all its related files. For information, see https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... ojects.htm.

Second, in the new project, use the File List, filtered for .htm, .html. That'll tell you how many topics are associated with the target.

I assume you'll later delete this project when you no longer need it.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
gjtexdad5
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by gjtexdad5 »

Thanks again for the help.