Content not shown in Micro Content on Search results page

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jjorissen
Propeller Head

Content not shown in Micro Content on Search results page

Post by jjorissen »

Hi everyone,

I've created Micro Content with phrases and a response, containing text, links, and an image.
In the HTML Target, under Featured Snippets, the filter has been set to 'All micro content files', with max 3.

After building and viewing the output, and searching for one of the phrases, the Micro Content outline is shown (box with arrow icon to expand), but the actual content (response) is not shown.

When looking in developer tools under styles, I notice that there's a class that contains 'display:none', which looks like this :
.micro-response1674211337 {
display: none;
}

If I remove this line, it becomes visible.
I don't understand where this 'display: none' is coming from though, as 'Response' (+ everything else too) in the Search Results skin has been set to 'display: block'.
It shows that it's set in a specific 'micro-response1674211337.css' file.
(there's also nothing in our general css file that causes the issue)

Can anyone tell me where this is coming from, and how this can be adapted?
jjorissen
Propeller Head

Re: Content not shown in Micro Content on Search results pag

Post by jjorissen »

Quick reply : When I set 'Featured Snippets View Mode' in the Search results skin to 'Plain Text' instead of 'Truncated', it's shown.
KatherineMunro
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Content not shown in Micro Content on Search results pag

Post by KatherineMunro »

Did you get any reply from MadCap about this? I've got the featured snippets working perfectly with micro-content. but am having a frustrating time with the knowledge panel. I can get the knowledge panel to display in plain text and drop-down modes fine, but not truncated. When I set the Knowledge Panel View Mode to Truncated, the output shows exactly as though I had selected the Plain Text option. I'm using Flare 2022R2.

MadCap Support seem to be able to build the HTML and have it show a truncated knowledge panel, but I cannot, and neither can another person in my team with access to the same git repo. MadCap Support have suggested adding this in my stylesheet.
div.micro-response
{
max-height: 400px;
}

I set both the featured snippet and knowledge panel to truncated and In my output (with the added style), this is what I have:
1. The featured snippet has data-mc-truncated-mode-max-height=”200”.
2. The knowledge panel has data-mc-truncated-mode-max-height=”none”.
3. The knowledge panel response has max-height=”none” as an inline style. (How can I control what Flare puts in as inline styles?)
4. The max-height=”none” style from Flare’s own skin stylesheet has been overruled. (Why would it have that style anyway? Isn’t that a bug?)
5. The max-height=”none” style from my own stylesheet has been overruled.
<screenshot below>

Any help will be appreciated please.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.