Link different Targets to different Search Results pages

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jjorissen
Propeller Head

Link different Targets to different Search Results pages

Post by jjorissen »

Hi, is there a way to define the topic to link to when a user clicks on the 'search submit button' in HTML5 output?
I've set up multiple custom Search Results pages.
- Target 1 links to Search Results Skin 1, that is used in Search Results Page 1.
- Target 2 links to Search Results Skin 2, that is used in Search Results Page 2.
- Both Search Results Pages also use their own MasterPage.
- CSS is a shared file that they use both.

When generating the output for Target 2 and clicking on the 'search submit button', it always navigates to Search Results Page 1.
Instead, it should navigate to Search Results Page 2 (which has different custom filters, buttons, etc.).

I suppose I could add custom search bar proxies in both MasterPages (but we also use other MasterPages for different sections of the online help, so this would make it extra complicated, would need to create extra masterpages for different targets then too).
So is there a way to define the url to navigate to when using the general search, for each Target separately?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Link different Targets to different Search Results pages

Post by NorthEast »

You can't specify the search results page that's used, as Flare will automatically just use any topic it finds that contains a search results proxy.

So that means an individual target's output cannot contain two search results pages - it can't have two topics that each contain a search results proxy.

So if you have two search results pages, you need to use conditions to exclude the search page that you're not using from that target's output.
1. Create two conditions, Target-A and Target-B.
2. Apply condition Target-A to search results topic A (in the topic's Properties), and condition Target-B to search results topic B.
3. Set up Target-A to Exclude condition Target-B, and vice versa.
jjorissen
Propeller Head

Re: Link different Targets to different Search Results pages

Post by jjorissen »

Thank you, I was indeed thinking about conditions just before I read your reply :D
Will try that!