I thought you might like to know that the current edition of “Five Steps to MadCap Flare” will not be available for purchase after October 15, 2017 (and I'm not planning to release any new editions). So if you want to purchase the current edition, or need another copy, this is a good time to buy one because it is available for purchase until that date. To order, see http://www.northcoastwriters.com/fiddleheadpubs/.
Note: the current (Fourth Edition) book is still a very useful learning tool and resource for new Flare users.
Thank you for all your compliments and support of this book since its first edition in 2009!
The Fourth Edition of Five Steps to MadCap Flare ” for Flare Version 10 includes a supplement for Flare V11.
The V11 Supplement contains detailed information about these V11 features and how they affect topics covered in "Five Steps to MadCap Flare":
- - New Build window for building targets concurrently and in the background.
- Re-designed Spell Check window and new workflow for checking spelling, plus global dictionaries.
- Global Project Linking: new Delete un-referenced files option.
- Stylesheet Editor: buttons for viewing Simplified and Advanced views reversed.
- Cross-reference enhancements: create cross-reference by dragging, default cross-reference formats changed.
- Enhancements to Word import: import first rows in tables as Flare table header, import linked images, videos, image alt text and descriptions, naming of imported image files.
- Image enhancements: insert PDF files into output.
- EPUB enhancements: include dynamic content, new option to enable or disable dynamic content
Plus more ...
- - Creating eBooks in MOBI format
- Responsive output
- Filtering topic content in the XML Editor by condition tags
- How undefined condition tags occur and how to fix them
- New procedures for inserting symbols and special characters and for setting the default quick character
- XML Editor and Text Editor tabs
- Previewing topics with a specific page layout
- Support for right-to-left languages in outputs and in the XML Editor
- Enhancements to FrameMaker import
- Dragging and dropping condition tags
- Dragging and dropping variables
- Updated images of screens
- Updated procedures
- Minor additions and changes based on feedback from readers. Thank you!
- Plus more ...