Any place to post common complaints?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ghillerson
Propeller Head

Any place to post common complaints?

Post by ghillerson »

I'm a daily Flare user, and I've got a list of about 7 or 8 suggestions (bug fixes or enhancement suggestions) for things that would make my Flare-work-life easier. My guess is that at least some of these issues are plaguing other users as well.

I know I can submit a bug or enhancement request to Flare, but those seem to "drop off the edge of the world," i.e. it's impossible to know if MadCap considered and rejected the issue, have it scheduled for a future release, or ?? My thinking is that posting suggestions in a forum would allow other users to chime in on issues and possibly build some momentum to push certain common complaints to the front of the fix/enhancement lists. ... or I might discover that I'm the only one bothered by some of these things.

Is there a forum for posting these suggestions?

- Gary
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Any place to post common complaints?

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Dunno, but I think it's a good idea. Might turn into a bit of a whinge-fest though...
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

I thought this forum was the forum for that.
I like to hear about usability issues, and different ways of doing something, and it's great to hear other ideas for enhancements.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
chrispitude
Propeller Head

Post by chrispitude »

ghillerson wrote:I'm a daily Flare user, and I've got a list of about 7 or 8 suggestions (bug fixes or enhancement suggestions) for things that would make my Flare-work-life easier. My guess is that at least some of these issues are plaguing other users as well.

I know I can submit a bug or enhancement request to Flare, but those seem to "drop off the edge of the world," i.e. it's impossible to know if MadCap considered and rejected the issue, have it scheduled for a future release, or ?? My thinking is that posting suggestions in a forum would allow other users to chime in on issues and possibly build some momentum to push certain common complaints to the front of the fix/enhancement lists. ... or I might discover that I'm the only one bothered by some of these things.

Is there a forum for posting these suggestions?

- Gary
Reviving an old discussion... I too would like to see a way to do this. There is a lot of knowledge and experience in this forum. It would be great to identify common wants, refine the idea, then somehow submit that with commensurate weight.

I too wonder where the support-case enhancement requests go...
awells12
Propeller Head

Post by awells12 »

Submitting a bug or enhancement request is still a good way to add some weight to an issue. The more complaints MadCap has about an issue, the more likely they are to fix it.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

From time to time people create a new topic where they discuss suggestions or problems they are experiencing. People can post answers, and some indicate they have added their own request for the feature.

And, it might take time, but sometimes these features do get added. I know of several that I've requested along the road.

I'm not sure what would be gained by creating a posting just for complaints. This is a peer to peer forum, and we have no influence over decisions made by Madcap. Sure, the Madcap folk drop in from time to time, but there is no formal requirement for them to do so.

I'm concerned it'll just become a whinge fest and serve no real purpose.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Feebeegeebee »

One other way to get a response, is when a new release is announced.
If, like me, you check the release notes and find that your fix or feature request isn't included, when the product evangelist sends out an email announcing a forthcoming webinar to showcase the new features, they usually ask for "questions, comments and feedback".
If you express your disappointment that something still hasn't been included, you will get a reaction...
So if many people do the same thing, it will add weight to the campaign for that feature/fix.

Feebeegeebee
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------