Anyone using Flare output with AEM/CQ5 - or know a developer

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
RCGBrian
Jr. Propeller Head

Anyone using Flare output with AEM/CQ5 - or know a developer

Post by RCGBrian »

I have a couple of clients who use Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), formerly CQ5 to manage their websites. We have some content we'd like to develop and manage in Flare, then present within the AEM site. None of the standard Flare outputs are working cleanly. I've talked to Flare Sales and they aren't aware of anyone who has done this. I thought I'd check here to see if:

A) Anyone is using these two systems together, and would be willing to share how they got it to work, or

B) If anyone can recommend a contract/consulting programmer who might be able to help us build a connector between the two

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Brian
dalogan
Propeller Head

Re: Anyone using Flare output with AEM/CQ5 - or know a devel

Post by dalogan »

Hi, I'm wondering if you have found any more information about using AEM. One of our product teams is using AEM for customers to build a site. They expect to be able to use AEM for online help content. We have only gotten to the point of being able to give the developers the output and it opens and works. Their next step is to use AEM to create a site where we upload the output. I think they expect that AEM can handle the design of everything. I have my doubts about that. I expect that the output from flare is handled by Flare only. I'm also just trying to gather some information about how we can work with AEM.
RCGBrian
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by RCGBrian »

We did not get this working. The projects where this was a potential solution either changed direction or lost interest in getting it to work.
We did a fair bit of content management work in AEM directly and it is not without its challenges as a CMS, so I'd definitely trust but verify any claims as to what it can or should be able to handle.
tanafranko
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by tanafranko »

dalogan wrote:I'm also just trying to gather some information about how we can work with AEM.
@dalogan, any update? Did you end up successful in this venture?
richt
Propeller Head

Post by richt »

Adobe recently (last spring) introduced an XML Editor into AEM. It's called their XML Documentation solution (so you can google it, I don't want to link to a competitor here), and it's aimed at being a DITA-lite editor integrated into AEM's web author. It *might* make integrating into Flare easier, if you can export to a compatible format.