Eclipse Help, Cheat Sheets - In Action!

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
clturner22
Propeller Head

Eclipse Help, Cheat Sheets - In Action!

Post by clturner22 »

This was not an easy process, and I'm sorry to say, Flare did not make it much easier.

https://opendof.org/downloads/opendof-e ... -for-java/

We created a complete plugin for Eclipse with API documentation support, Cheat Sheets and Help Documentation for a self-guided training. The unfortunate part came when we needed to integrate Cheat Sheets...Flare is no help there, and that needs to change if this is to remain viable.

Why? My developer had to go into the code, manually change XML, etc. in order to link things together, keep the flow together and keep content where it should be. My writer almost had to abandon Flare because it was less of a hassle to just work with the XML. Single Sourcing pretty much went out the window, which is kind of sad. If I add this to Flare's inability to integrate with an existing, online CMS (WordPress, Joomla, Dribble, etc.) without creating a whole new "sub-site" or ripping apart the styles and content (which defeats the purpose of Single Source already), I have to question the feasibility of Flare for the CMS world.

Regardless, I am grateful that Madcap has **some** support for Eclipse. Now, keep going! Add Cheat Sheets and other IDE's!