Case sensitivity issue from a linux server?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
mmdintexas
Jr. Propeller Head

Case sensitivity issue from a linux server?

Post by mmdintexas »

Hello Everyone,

my network engineer is attempting to run an online build from a linux server. However, he is getting errors regarding the resources file. For full disclosure, we've renamed default.htm to index.html. There are references to "Resources" and "resources" in the index.html Has anyone encountered this?

The message he sees looks like (I changed the server to xxxxxxx.com):
2016/02/17 15:19:18 [error] 3377#0: *1820 open() "/www/help/Resources/Scripts/MadCapAll.js" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 69.75.41.74, server: ext01.xxxxxxxxx.com, request: "GET /help/Resources/Scripts/MadCapAll.js HTTP/1.1", host: "ext01.xxxxxxxx.com", referrer: "https://ext01.xxxxxxix.com/help/"
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Case sensitivity issue from a linux server?

Post by wclass »

Just some ideas here - Flare generates a resources folder at the top level output to store scripts. If you build with the option "do not use Content folder ..." then the generated resources folder merges with the one normally within Content. I think people have had problems with case sensitive links when this option is set. Not sure about your case but might be worth checking.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
mmdintexas
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mmdintexas »

Great! I unchecked the "Do not use "Content" folder in output and I also had "Use lowercase filenames" checked so I unchecked that. That part looks good.

Now, the ../ file locations are a problem. Ideas?
mmdintexas
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mmdintexas »

Turns out I needed to have "Do not use "Content" folder in output" checked. When the build creates Content and moves all the content into it, the default.htm references ../filenames
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Feebeegeebee »

Hi,
There is a bug which arises if you enable the "Do not use Content folder" option AND you are using HTML5 output.
There are two 'Resources' folders at the root level of the project. One is for the HTML5 code and is required and the other is the Resources folder for the project. However, in Windows you cannot have two folders with the same name so they get merged.
Project files need 'resources' and HTML5 code is looking for 'Resources'. Both are required.

If you rename the Resources folder in your Content Explorer to something else (e.g. "properties"), rebuild your help and re-publish it to your webserver, it should work.

This has been logged as a bug by several of us, but please feel free to submit it again, as it catches a lot of people out and should be fixed.
Regards,
Feebeegeebee
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------
kerimucci
Propeller Head

Post by kerimucci »

Today, I enabled the Use lowercase filenames option. I already had the Do not use content folder in outpt option selected and everything was working fine. Ever since enabling the lowercase option, I cannot get my help to open up. It appears there are some scripts that are still referencing the uppercase version of the Resources folder.

I followed the advice here and nenamed the "Resources" folder (within my project file) "Properties". This didn't make a difference though. Is there anything else I can try? I really want both settings enabled.