Using Flare with JIRA and Dev Wikis

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jputman87
Jr. Propeller Head

Using Flare with JIRA and Dev Wikis

Post by jputman87 »

My company is currently evaluating Flare for creating our end user documentation, and we were wondering if anyone has any experience integrating Flare with JIRA or a developer wiki such as GitLab. We're mostly wanting to move information between these platforms. For example, would it be possible to export a case list from JIRA (as xml files perhaps?) and then import it into Flare? We could then use that as a starting point for release notes.

I've already been told by MadCap support that this isn't currently possible, but if anyone knows of a workaround, or any other tips, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
ArmandFrvr
Propeller Head

Re: Using Flare with JIRA and Dev Wikis

Post by ArmandFrvr »

I too would be interested in this capability. Currently we have a release note filter in JIRA (pulling the release note from a custom field) that we export into Excel and then copy/paste into Flare. Our engineering team wants the ability to kick off a build in Jenkins, call Flare via a script, and have it automatically pull in the appropriate release notes and republish the target. The only missing piece currently is being able to pull in content from either JIRA directly, or an export file. Our Flare release notes are contained in a table with 3 columns of data pulled from 3 JIRA fields, so basically a way to update that topic using external content as part of a pre-build script.
arkana
Propeller Head

Re: Using Flare with JIRA and Dev Wikis

Post by arkana »

If anyone has a solution for the problem, could you share how you did it because we have the same requirement.
Arthur Cui
Flare 2019