Publish Failed: Failed to connect within timeout 120000 ms

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Preeti Prakash
Jr. Propeller Head

Publish Failed: Failed to connect within timeout 120000 ms

Post by Preeti Prakash »

Hi,
I have been successfully publishing output to my documentation server for the last several months via Flare's publish feature. Since the last couple of weeks, I have been encountering this error (140006: Publish failed: Failed to connect within timeout 120000 ms) erratically at first, and now all the time. My documentation server settings have not changed, neither has my publish settings, nor my network connectivity.

I build locally and publish to my documentation server.

The Publish fails at different stages each time. Sometimes uploads 5 files, 10 files, sometimes even more, sometimes does not even connect to my documentation server.

I am not sure this is a connectivity issue (as I do have a good network connection which published perfectly till a couple of weeks ago and all my other apps connecting to other servers continue to work perfectly fine).

Any help on resolving this issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Preeti
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Publish Failed: Failed to connect within timeout 120000

Post by RamonS »

My suggestion is to try and push these files manually to the server. If that fails as well then you at least can exclude Flare from the equation. My guess is a change to the firewall or an addition of or change to antivirus. Also, you may want to see if there is (by accident) a huge file in the project that may not finish uploading within 2 minutes....just a guess.
allkindsosass
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Publish Failed: Failed to connect within timeout 120000

Post by allkindsosass »

Hi there,

I know this is an old thread, but I just came across this same error. I opened tix with my IT peeps and Madcap. Turns out the FTP port I was using was closed as my co saw it as a threat. They'd prefer us to us SFTP instead.
My scenario was I'd not published any docs in several months and IT had mentioned they were doing some updates. My external facing docs were publishing just fine, but internal were failing immediately with this error.
I checked that the credentials in the destination were correct/set. I have the most current updates (2021) etc. So I didn't know what else could be doing this. It was every file, not just one. Size didn't matter either.
After IT shuffled me to Security, they noticed my port being closed. After they reopened it, I was able to publish just fine. They said they would create an exception for me but that I'll need to discuss moving to SFTP with Madcap/IT in the future.
I can update with that info too.

I hope this helps someone!