My Search is broken...

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
williamgwilliams
Propeller Head

My Search is broken...

Post by williamgwilliams »

When I build a WebHelp project (Flare 12), and view it after building it, Search works fine. Like so:
Search - working.png
Then I check the project files in to TFS.

Then I download a zipfile of the project from TFS, and extract it to a directory on my hard drive.

Then I do a Search. I get this:
Searcj - Broken.png
This was reported by an end-user. I thought it might be that the developer who copies the files from TFS to the HTTP server wasn't getting all the files. But when I copied (via downloading the zip TFS creates) the files from TFS to my hard drive, I got the same bad result.

Any idea of what might be missing? I might have somehow not Added some required file to TFS (via Visual Studio's Source Control Explorer). I did Add everything from the Data directory (all the SearchPhrase_Chunk files, and so on). But maybe I missed some essential file for Search to work.

Suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: My Search is broken...

Post by NorthEast »

williamgwilliams wrote:Any idea of what might be missing? I might have somehow not Added some required file to TFS (via Visual Studio's Source Control Explorer). I did Add everything from the Data directory (all the SearchPhrase_Chunk files, and so on). But maybe I missed some essential file for Search to work.
You need to include everything in the output folder where the target is built.

To start with, just try a simple check of the folder properties, and compare the built output folder against what you've got in TFS - do they have the same number of files?
williamgwilliams
Propeller Head

Post by williamgwilliams »

Phew. Spotted the problem. I had not checked Resources\Scripts\stemmer-english.amd.min in. When I did, I downloaded the files from TFS to my hard drive and tested again, and now it works. Thanks. No sure how I missed checking that in, since I thought I checked in the entire system, but all's well now.
kbatesDTI
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kbatesDTI »

I've got a similar problem here -- same symptoms, but only when I export the output to our Apache server. Our admin says the working outputs are running two different versions of MadCap.js (see below) and two different versions of jquery (see further below). I'm using V10, but even when I re-generate and upload from that version, it doesn't work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

WORKING:
/*
* Copyright MadCap Software
* http://www.madcapsoftware.com/
* v10.2.2.0
*/
NOT WORKING:
/*
* Copyright MadCap Software
* http://www.madcapsoftware.com/
* Unlicensed use is strictly prohibited
* v13.2.6334.20174
*/

WORKING: jquery 1.8.3
NOT WORKING: jquery 1.12.4 (funny thing is, my workstation doesn't have this version anywhere on it)