FIXED in r2018 - Can't stick TOC Editor pane (Flare 2017)

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
RecPerch
Propeller Head

FIXED in r2018 - Can't stick TOC Editor pane (Flare 2017)

Post by RecPerch »

Hi. Using Flare 2017

I've looked at various forum posts and tried the following things without luck (previous posts seem to be from 2014). Haven't used Flare in a year or two and in that version (11 or 12) when I did the following it worked but now it doesn't.

Anyhoo. I can't get the TOC Editor pane to stick as a separate pane in the window layout. What I'm shooting for in the layout:
[Content Explorer/Project Organizer] [TOCs] [Topics] [Styles]

What I've tried:
  • Saved my own layout (and deleted the default layout just to see if that would do anything ... it didn't).
  • Auto-save Layout checkbox is selected (checked).
  • Moved the TOC Editor window/pane to be part of Content Explorer/Project Organizer (but to the right of the explorer pane). Saved the layout. TOC Editor unsticks next time I open Flare (unsticks and becomes normal Topic window).
  • Moved the TOC Editor window/pane to the left of the Topic window/pane. Saved the layout. TOC Editor unsticks next time I open Flare (unsticks and becomes normal Topic window).
Thoughts?

Thanks.
Last edited by RecPerch on Wed May 02, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helen_G
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Can't stick TOC Editor pane (Flare 2017)

Post by Helen_G »

Hello. My TOC Editors won't behave in 2017, either.

I'm using a different layout from you, but my TOC Editors are no longer sticking like they did in previous versions.

In my layout, I have multiple tabs (Content Explorer, Project Explorer, and TOC Editors) in a pane at the left and my topics in a pane at the right. The Content Explorer and Project Explorer stay put but each time I open Flare, my TOC Editors open in the pane at the right (where my topics are). I want my TOC Editors to stay in the pane at the left.

Like you, I've tried all sorts of ways to make the TOC Editors stick but each time I open Flare, it's back to square one.

Sorry not to be of any help but you're not alone.

Helen
RecPerch
Propeller Head

Post by RecPerch »

Thanks, Helen.

I'll wait until next week and then submit a Bug Report if no one knows of a fix.

Gary
lcence303
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by lcence303 »

Having the same issue. I just want my TOC Editor to stay in the left pane with the Content Explorer and Project Organizer. If anyone figured out a fix for this, please share. Thanks!
lcence303
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by lcence303 »

Any update on this? This is really an inconvenience for me.
Daniela Kummer
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Daniela Kummer »

The latest update I tried was 6355, the problem was still there, but that was sometime in July. I'm reluctant to try another update, because I'm always de-installing 2017 and going back to 2016 r2 because of this bug. And frankly, I've had enough of this procedure. :?
JustDucky
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by JustDucky »

Daniela Kummer wrote:The latest update I tried was 6355, the problem was still there, but that was sometime in July. I'm reluctant to try another update, because I'm always de-installing 2017 and going back to 2016 r2 because of this bug. And frankly, I've had enough of this procedure. :?
I just checked with support and this issue (Case 112983, Bug Report 45472) is not fixed in yesterday's release of 2017 r3 either. Meh.
RecPerch
Propeller Head

Re: FIXED in r2018 - Can't stick TOC Editor pane (Flare 2017

Post by RecPerch »

Just got an email from support that they fixed this is the May 1, 2018 release of Flare.

Tested it out and it works. Be sure to go to Window > Save Layout.

Now if Flare could remember the order my open project files....