Web Contact Form

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
csproul
Jr. Propeller Head

Web Contact Form

Post by csproul »

Is there a way to create a contact form in Flare? I'd like to have a form on our "Contact Us" page where the user could enter their name, email and question details and the information will go directly to an email address (our service desk department). Is this possible and if so, how?
Anzac
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Web Contact Form

Post by Anzac »

You should bbe able t create a. Ailton link that would open up your mail client to,have the user send an email
arshabhirai
Propeller Head

Post by arshabhirai »

csproul wrote:Is there a way to create a contact form in Flare? I'd like to have a form on our "Contact Us" page where the user could enter their name, email and question details and the information will go directly to an email address (our service desk department). Is this possible and if so, how?
Hi csproul,
Did you manage to get this done? I would love to know if you were able to create a web-based contact form.
smajors
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by smajors »

I'm interested as well! Right now, we have a feedback button in our topic toolbar at the top of each topic. That allows a user to email us directly, with the subject about the specific topic they were on when they clicked that feedback button. But, we also have a single "Contact Us" page with our email info. It would be nice to add a form directly on that page!
Technical Writer
Training & Development Team/Marketing Department
arshabhirai
Propeller Head

Post by arshabhirai »

smajors wrote:I'm interested as well! Right now, we have a feedback button in our topic toolbar at the top of each topic. That allows a user to email us directly, with the subject about the specific topic they were on when they clicked that feedback button. But, we also have a single "Contact Us" page with our email info. It would be nice to add a form directly on that page!
Here is what I did: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29744

There are a lot of things I'd like to improve. For example, staying on the same page after submission, error validation, attaching files and so on. For now, it seems to do the job.