Can't see published articles in Salesforce

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
asbahr+
Propeller Head

Can't see published articles in Salesforce

Post by asbahr+ »

I am trying out the new Salesforce Connect publishing destination. My Flare log file tells me I am successful, but I don't see my article in my Salesforce organization.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
Ana Bahr
Last edited by asbahr+ on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeslieT
Propeller Head

Re: Can't see published articles in Saleforce

Post by LeslieT »

Did you get a separate license for it? I read in the docs that it needs its own license. It would be good to experiment with it before deciding that you want to use it.
----------------------
Leslie T.

asbahr+
Propeller Head

Post by asbahr+ »

I figured it out. I had a required field set on my article type in Salesforce that the topic in Flare didn't have. I made the field optional and then everything started working.
asbahr+
Propeller Head

Post by asbahr+ »

LeslieT wrote:Did you get a separate license for it? I read in the docs that it needs its own license. It would be good to experiment with it before deciding that you want to use it.
There is a thirty day trial for the Salesforce app. It worked really well. I did have a little bit of a hard time setting it up because I am not a Salesforce expert. Essentially, here is what I had to do:

1. Install Flare using the Custom Install with the Salesforce piece enabled.
2. In Flare, set up the Salesforce Destination with my Salesforce Credentials etc. That triggers a setup process in Salesforce but does not complete it.
3. Log into Salesforce and go to Setup. Under Manage Apps select Connected Apps OAuth. MadCap was listed there. I had to click Install to complete the process.
4 In Flare, set up a Clean XHTML Target in Flare. (On the General tab I enabled the "Convert stylesheet styles to inlnline styles" because the stylesheet in my Salesforce organization is not great.)
5. Set conditions on a few topics so those are the ones that get sent to Salesforce.
6. Do a build. And Voila! New articles.

Now I just have to convince my boss that I can't live without it.
LeslieT
Propeller Head

Post by LeslieT »

Thanks, asbahr, for that summary.

Do you know the cost on this extra license? I don't want to bother proposing it and doing a PoC if it is not worth the cost to the higher ups.
----------------------
Leslie T.

Cwestpha
Propeller Head

Post by Cwestpha »

Leslie,

The Salesforce Connect license is a yearly subscription license of $2400/year/user.
LeslieT
Propeller Head

Post by LeslieT »

Cwestpha wrote:Leslie,

The Salesforce Connect license is a yearly subscription license of $2400/year/user.
Thanks, that is good to know! Seems kind of pricey (more than a whole Flare license).

Does anyone know how it handles article changes? For example, if you published to Salesforce and later make changes to the source files and then do a new build and publish, does Salesforce know it is the same article?
----------------------
Leslie T.

asbahr+
Propeller Head

Post by asbahr+ »

Hi Leslie,

I did try the update scenario and Salesforce does figure out that it is the same article and updates it properly. So modifying articles you have already published seems to work well.

Regards, Ana