Storage location of Favorites

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
BRZ
Jr. Propeller Head

Storage location of Favorites

Post by BRZ »

Hello,

Where are the Favorites stored when they are added in the Favorites section in the left pane of a manual? Are they stored within the manual database, hidden in the browser files, or an external file?
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Storage location of Favorites

Post by doc_guy »

Welcome to the forums!

Are you talking about when you are viewing your project output in the tri-pane (tri-panel) output? I believe those are stored as cookies on the client machine. If you mean something else, please let me know.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

BRZ
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by BRZ »

doc_guy wrote:Welcome to the forums!

Are you talking about when you are viewing your project output in the tri-pane (tri-panel) output? I believe those are stored as cookies on the client machine. If you mean something else, please let me know.
Yes, exactly. This is the end user viewing the built/published output manual. We have users that will be working from home on occasion and we are looking for which files need to be sync'd via citrix so that the favorites are available at both locations. Any help is appreciated.
BRZ
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by BRZ »

Also, these Favorites remain after I delete browser cookies. Any help on this is appreciated.
BRZ
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by BRZ »

Can anyone provide any info on this?
Rene Severens
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Rene Severens »

Hi,

selected favorites are stored in a *.dat file in the users profile AppData folder.
I do not know if these files can be used to copy favorites to another PC's user's profile folder. I think you might run into policy issues there.

Greetings,
Rene Severens
"The numbers are strange today; they somehow do not seem to add up."