Moving files within the content explorer extremely slow

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Dave1975
Propeller Head

Moving files within the content explorer extremely slow

Post by Dave1975 »

Hi there,

When I try to move files between content folders, it takes ages for Flare to complete the task.

What I do is select the files in the right side pane of the content explorer and then drag them to the target folder in the left side pane. Flare then correctly provides the info on the links that will be updated, but then it's usually game over. Moving one topic or even 1 image of 5KB takes forever and most of the time ends in having to kill the Flare process manually because the software hangs.

Strangely enough I don't recall seeing this behavour when I first started using Flare.

Since yesterday I'm using source control (TFS) but that cannot be the cause as the issue started out a while ago already.

Is there something I can do to make this process work (faster)? I will need to move a couple of thousand files around...

thanks

Dave
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Moving files within the content explorer extremely slow

Post by Nita Beck »

You might need to refresh the database of dependencies, which is stored in the Analyzer folder.

Close Flare, delete the Analyzer folder, and reopen the project. Give Flare a few minutes to rebuild the database, then do some moves and see if there's improvement.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!