Issue with "System UnauthorizedAccessException" error

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Geoff
Jr. Propeller Head

Issue with "System UnauthorizedAccessException" error

Post by Geoff »

I had Flare 10 installed on a laptop and when that machine was replaced, I reinstalled on a desktop and Flare re-set the registrations. That was about 18 months ago. All has worked well since then and the 8 or 9 projects I originally had on the Laptop have all been able to be edited/updated etc on the new pc.
However in only one project, I have the following issue. When I attempt to paste a graphic into any topic in this one particular project and expect to see the standard dialogue asking for the graphic name, I get the UnauthorizedAccessException error. The path it is displaying is the graphics path that was on the old laptop which is completely different to the graphics path on the new pc. The result is that I have to save the graphic separately from within Capture or Snagit and then move it into the topic.
I have no problems pasting/saving graphics in any of the other projects I have and I cannot locate anywhere in the project properties where this old path is being stored so that I can change it.
Any hints?
Thanks
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Issue with "System UnauthorizedAccessException" error

Post by NorthEast »

That information is stored for each project and user in the file: <your project>\Project\Users\<your user>\UserData.fluser

To fix this, edit the file in a text editor and remove the line:

Code: Select all

ImageFolder="xxxx"
Then make sure that you submit a bug report to MadCap!
Geoff
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Issue with "System UnauthorizedAccessException" error

Post by Geoff »

Hi Dave,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Flare didn't like it with the line removed from the file, but editing it to be the correct folder did work.

Thanks again,

Geoff