Output formats menu won't dismiss

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
cherwoo
Jr. Propeller Head

Output formats menu won't dismiss

Post by cherwoo »

Hi All,

All of a sudden (two days ago) when I launch Flare 2017r2 on my WIN 10 machine, a menu of all output formats displays in the upper-left corner and overlays all windows. I can scroll over the format type, and it highlights, but it does not allow you to select any of the options, and it will not dismiss. It's very annoying because I can't see the File menu in Flare, or anything in the upper left in any window. When I quit Flare, the menu disappears. I've had to shrink all windows to work in them, and can't take screenshots because it overlays EVERY window.

See attachment for example.

Has anyone else seen this?
How do I dismiss this menu?

I did ping Support yesterday, but haven't even gotten a robo-response ("We have received, and are looking into it..."). If they come back before you all chime in, I'll post their fix -- if they have one.

Thanks for your $0.02.
Cherie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cherwoo
Lead Technical Documentation Developer
Newbie Flare User <-- Make Me Love It!
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Output formats menu won't dismiss

Post by cdschroeder »

Cherie, this happens to me when I click something either while Flare is opening or a project is loading. It's been happening since at least Flare 12. Next time you open Flare (and then your project), try avoiding any mouse clicks or keystrokes and see if the menu still pops up.
Casey

cherwoo
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by cherwoo »

Thanks, Casey.

This seemed to fix it--for most launches anyway.
Just when I thought this was the answer, I had to close Flare after I launched it (without clicking anything) because the menu popped up again. Also, I launched directly from clicking the project file, instead of launching Flare and then selecting the project on the Start page.

To my knowledge, the only thing I click when opening a project is the No button in the Pull Remote dialog.

Tom Guest in Sales contacted me today (I filed a ticket with Support), but he said wait for Support to answer.
Still waiting...
It sounded like Tom hadn't heard about this bug.

I've found Madcap to be extremely responsive in that when I file a ticket, someone always calls. I LIKE IT!

Casey, TYSM.
At the moment, the menu isn't displaying, so I'm able to get back to taking screenshots. :)
cherwoo
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cdschroeder »

Glad it helped (somewhat). I have seen the menu pop up occasionally under other circumstances, but I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause yet. If you get an answer from support, please post it because I'd love to hear it! I honestly thought it was just me... :)
Casey

trishe57
Propeller Head

Post by trishe57 »

Did we ever find a solution for this?

I have submitted a ticket. I have a colleague that is having this happen a lot - sudden onset. I cannot recreate it.

Thanks!
Trish
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cdschroeder »

Hey Trish, I'm not aware of a fix yet - it still happens to me occasionally. Seems to happen more often when I have multiple displays, but that could be coincidence.

Sorry I don't have a more helpful update.
Casey

mperaro
Propeller Head

Post by mperaro »

I am not seeing this but wonder if related. All of a sudden I cannot do a View Output once build is completed. I have to go into the Open Output Folder and launch from there.
cherwoo
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by cherwoo »

This never was resolved and I've had it happen in 2121.

The output menu still displays periodically, and nothing short of quitting Flare fixes it.
It is not assured it won't display when opening Flare again.
I still try to not click the mouse while Flare is launching.
cherwoo