Can not open Context Explorer and Project Organizer

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Beaver
Propeller Head

Can not open Context Explorer and Project Organizer

Post by Beaver »

After an unexpected error...
I can't open the Content Explorer and the Project Organizer
both buttons no longer work in my al my projects, see attachment

I use Madcap Flare 2017 r2

Work-round for Content Exlorer:
NB By Ribbon, select > View > External Resources, > Add (button), > Select Folder, you can select the Content Explorer File.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Can not open Context Explorer and Project Organizer

Post by Nita Beck »

I suggest you reset your window layout: http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... ayouts.htm. Flare just might need to be nudged back to showing those panels properly.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Beaver
Propeller Head

Re: Can not open Context Explorer and Project Organizer

Post by Beaver »

Thanks Nita :wink: ,
Next time I try first this > Select the Window ribbon. In the Window Layout section select > Reset Layout.
(I saw your message later).

The solution of the technical support solved this issue:
Note: I do not delete but renamed the below folders (So i can compare them with Notepadd++, to see what is the different)
First, I'd like to delete the temporary folders associated with the local project folder. To do this, please follow the instructions below:

1. Close Flare
2. Using Windows Explorer, browse to your project folder

****Make copies of the folders to a different location if concerned about losing any data, such as previously built targets****

3. Delete the Analyzer and Output folders
4. Browse into your Project folder and delete the Users folder

Then, let's try deleting the Catapult MDI folder. This would delete any saved layouts however, it could simply be moved to another location that way if it does not resolve the issue it can be restored. Here is the path:

C:\Users\[Your User]\Appdata (make sure hidden files and folders are turned on)\Roaming\Madcapsoftware\Flare
After this the Content Explorer can be used again!