Image not updating after replacement

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Martin_B
Propeller Head

Image not updating after replacement

Post by Martin_B »

Try as I might, the homepage for my flare project insists on using an outdated version of an icon, even after replacing the image with a renamed image.

I've checked the files locally and in different sections of Flare, and they return with the same colour. What is going on to cause this issue?

[the question mark is always a few shades off, and it really shows on all monitors]

Images as they appear on the website:

Images as they appear locally:

Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Image not updating after replacement

Post by Nita Beck »

Do these images have Capture .props files associated with them? If so, it's not enough to just replace the image files themselves in the Flare projects. The .props files include in them the definitions of the "background images" and so they need to be updated, too.

Do this: First, make sure you have a set of the images somewhere outside the Flare project, just as temp images. Then, from within Flare, open one of the images for editing in Capture. In Capture, use the Replace command (I think it's on the Home ribbon; I'm going on memory) and navigate to the equivalent temp image that you've got outside of the Flare project. Then save the image in Capture. Rinse and repeat for the other images.

Do you now see the updated images in your output?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Martin_B
Propeller Head

Post by Martin_B »

Hi Nita,

None of the images have a Capture .prop file associated with them that I can find; they were taken outside of Capture and never edited with it.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

You've confirmed that you don't see any .props files in Windows Explorer? You won't see them in Flare in the Content Explorer. A .props file will have been created just by applying a condition to an image file.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

I would create a new image in the colour I want and save it using a different file name. Insert it where it should be, rebuild, and view the output. This should get around cached images somewhere that might be playing 'silly buggers'.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.