Exclude content within a topic from search

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
awells12
Propeller Head

Exclude content within a topic from search

Post by awells12 »

Hello all,

I know that you can exclude a topic, index entries, and glossary terms from HTML5 search, but is it possible to exclude content within a topic from the search results?

I'm being tasked with recreating report screenshots in a table so that users can search for the fields in the report. The problem is, the report data in these tables exists just for sample purposes but is also being searched for. Is there a way I can exclude the table cells or text from being searched?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Exclude content within a topic from search

Post by Nita Beck »

AFAIK, there’s no setting in Flare that would let one “exclude from search” content that is “lower” than a topic, that is, that is within a topic that is included in search. The only option I’m aware of for keeping something out of the search database is a setting within a topic’s Topic Properties.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Exclude content within a topic from search

Post by Feebeegeebee »

I think Nita's right. There isn't a setting for that.

The only way I can think of doing it, is to create the sample report data in a separate file, then take a screenshot of it and import that into the table as an image.
That way the sample data is visible, but won't be picked up by a search.
Not ideal, but would work.
Regards,
Feebeegeebee
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------