Flare V's MS Edge

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
MarkJ
Propeller Head

Flare V's MS Edge

Post by MarkJ »

I have done a quick search and found a couple of topics regarding Edge but I can't decipher the information that I need to move forward. Some of the discussion goes back years.

I am using V10.2.2

I have recently discovered that my compiled HTML5 help file will not open correctly in MS Edge, basically it doesn't show any content, all other browsers seem ok. Now I have narrowed it down to the fact Edge doesn't recognize the .htm file extension, only .html.

Is any way I can get my HTML5 help projects to open in Edge?

This does beg the question, is this a bug in Flare or in Edge?

Many thanks

Mark
MarkJ
Propeller Head

Re: Flare V's MS Edge

Post by MarkJ »

I'm now getting desperate for some help here.....
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

For the most part, we're just fellow Flare users here on these peer-to-peer forums, and it seems no one readily has advice for you, else they'd have offered it. Have you also reached out to MadCap tech support?

Meantime, perhaps by "bumping" this topic, a peer who *does* have advice will come along soon.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
MarkJ
Propeller Head

Post by MarkJ »

Hi,

Thanks.

I have now contacted support, here's hoping they can help me.

Cheers

Mark
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

First, try adding this to the head section of your master page:

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
More recent versions of Flare include this automatically, but I don't think it's in v10.
MarkJ wrote:Now I have narrowed it down to the fact Edge doesn't recognize the .htm file extension, only .html.
Sounds a bit strange. Have you tested this with a file (not from Flare) with an htm extension?
You could also test this with Flare output by going to the target Advanced tab, and set Use custom file extension for topics to html.
MarkJ
Propeller Head

Post by MarkJ »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for this.

I just tried it and its still the same so I suspect the .html isn't the problem.

Thanks

Mark