Merging of clean XHTML outputs from different projects

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
MC Hammer
Sr. Propeller Head

Merging of clean XHTML outputs from different projects

Post by MC Hammer »

Hi all
I am investigating project-merging and got it working for two different targets within the same project (I checked that the conditional build tags are working as expected).
When I add a second project, I get the following error message when I try to build the output:
More than one linked help system is named "default.html". Please rename one of them so the projects can be properly merged.

I use the TOC to merge the TOCs of the projects at runtime. I don't understand what setting I need to change, and if that if that setting is in the merger project or in one of the two projects I am merging the content of.
I tried to find further information using the Flare Help but wasn't able to find anything useful. The project-merging documentation doesn't mention most of the available options and does not mention clean XHTML output (which is the output type I am interested in).

Thanks
Last edited by MC Hammer on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marie-Claire
Flare 2019 r2 - Windows 10 Pro - HTML5 help / "clean" XHTML output
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Merging of clean XHTML projects

Post by NorthEast »

Flare's help doesn't include clean XHTML in the supported outputs: http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... ojects.htm
Perhaps you could use a project import instead?

To change Default.html, set the Output File name in the target.
MC Hammer
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by MC Hammer »

Thanks Dave,
I figured out the setting to edit, thanks :roll:
Clean XHTML is not supported for project merging? It seems to work ok. When you mention project import, is this what MadCap refer to as Global Project Linking?
Marie-Claire
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

MC Hammer wrote:Clean XHTML is not supported for project merging? It seems to work ok. When you mention project import, is this what MadCap refer to as Global Project Linking?
I've no idea if it's supported, but if you're using it then it must be. You said it wasn't mentioned in the docs, so I said it isn't listed as a supported output.
Sounds like Flare's help needs a refresh.

project import = global project linking
The Flare app calls it a "project import", and it's only called "Global project linking" in Flare's help, just to add an extra layer of confusion.
But it sounds like merging works from what you say.
MC Hammer
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Merging of clean XHTML outputs from different projects

Post by MC Hammer »

Thank you for all your help and valuable advice Dave, as always.
I am not sure whether the Flare help needs updating or if the XHTML output is definitely NOT supported.
We use project import for other projects (HTML5 output) and it works well so I may explore this route.
Marie-Claire